Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Crafty Updates

I have been told by a male cousin that my blog tends to be a little to "crafty" for him. Well Dan, you might not want to read today's entry! Lots of pics of my recent projects. Time to get them off of the camera. So hopefully most of you enjoy!

oct_27_2008

This is my first card I made with my new supplies, from my "investment" purchase. Adam and I discussed me doing craft shows and such and I now have some new supplies to play with. I LOVE this branch stamp! The green leaves you see is actually a separate stamp, hence the different colors. There are many other leaf styles and flowers in the set too. As you can see below, all of my supplies are Papertrey Ink. The ink that matches the paper, that matches the ribbon. I think I could never order from another company and be happy.

Supplies: (all Papertrey Ink)

Stamps: Out on a Limb, Birthday Basics

Cardstock: Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate and Stamper's Select White

Ink: Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush

Ribbon: Dark Chocolate Twill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_0881 IMG_0878

This is my last wedding card pack. Probably my favorite too. I made the card above with the same design for a friend who is expecting again. Used my 1 1/4" punch for the squares and then used my trimmer for the mats. I just need to get a 1 1/2" punch. It would make my life so much easier.

Supplies:

Stamps: Mixed Messages (PTI), Circular Designs (Hero Arts)

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (PTI), Green and Brown Shimmer (?)

Ink: Sepia (Ranger), Galaxy Gold Brilliance (Tsukineko)

Other: Ribbon, gemstones (Hero Arts)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_0873 IMG_0875

These were the October calendar pages for my grandparents (left) and my sister (right). I don't scrapbook very much anymore, but when I do these pages once a month, I really like them. The pictures on the left are all my sister's doing. She takes zillions of pics of herself. These "lovely" ones happened to be taken with my camera, so now they're on her calendar. The rub-ons spell out "now that's scary." :) It makes me smile! Mostly just a mixture of supplies, but I'll list a few.

Supplies:

Overlay: Hambly Screen-print

Rubons: Simply Sweet Alpha (Doodlebug)

Double Dot Cardstock (Bo Bunny) - I need more colors, love this stuff!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_0935 IMG_0936

These are my goodie bags for the kids at Y-Care and 4K. I did the work and bought the paper supplies, the other teachers supplied the bag fillings. They are really cute, but after making 75, I'm ready to move on! The picture on the right shows the "distressed" edges. Used the Heidi Swapp distresser for this (it's really just a blade housed in a holder so you don't slice your fingers open). Used this on some of my Christmas cards too, the effect just works for me.

Supplies:

Stamps: Creepy Crawly (Inkadinkado)

Cardstock: Summer Sunrise (PTI)

Ink: Jet Black (Staz-On)

Other: ribbon (American Crafts), small glassline bags (PTI)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_0883 So this is not a "craft project" but I did make it. My lovely side table. :) Perfect for our extra bedroom and guest nightstand.

Supplies:

~Boxes filled with teaching supplies going unused

~3 yards fabric from Wal-mart

~Leaf from kitchen table!

0 comments: