Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Berry Picking

I was right!  I have blackberries in my backyard!  When we first moved in and surveyed the place, I saw the vines and knew I would have blackberries.  Adam was not convinced.  But look:

070609_1749[00] 

Don’t they just look yummy?  I wish that I had some yogurt to put them in tomorrow morning.  But I think that I will make some muffins.  I found a good recipe that I need to try.

Now I must confess that I did not pick the berries.  Because they are too far into the weeds for me.  I am still a city girl in some ways and I just don’t tramp through weeds if I don’t have too.  So Stud Man did for me. :)

070609_1750[01]

And not far from his side was his faithful steed….er…I mean pup.  The weeds are probably twice as tall as her but Melody doesn’t care.  She’ll bound through them so gracefully.

070609_1751[01]

Of course Stud Man does not know how to pose normally for a picture, so this is what you all get:

070609_1752[01]

As I head back into the house to start supper, I take one last picture of Adam and  Mel.  What a pair they make.

070609_1753[00]

Did you notice the lack of quality (comparatively) in these photos?  I took these with my new camera-phone.  I made sure to get one with a SD card port so  that I could actually use the pictures I take (we don’t pay extra for text/pics/web).  I think that I need to up the quality settings a little bit, but otherwise the pics are not bad.  The camera even has white balance settings!

I’ll try to post something crafty tomorrow, but I do have a few things to finish for some publishing submission deadlines.  (Did I ever tell you that I am going to be published in CARDS magazine in October?!?)  But not sure if I’ll be back here before we leave town again on Wednesday.  I am super thrilled to be going to northern WI with Adam’s parents and brothers, but I will be happy to just work a full week (get caught up on projects!) and have a weekend at home.

052909_1142[01] 

Have you been feeling so busy that summer is making you crazy?  Or are you able to cherish your summer?  If you have ideas how to slow down and not get burnt out this season, please leave a comment below.  I’d love to hear from you!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Ryan got onto me yesterday for stressing out about all the things that must get done before little Justin is born, less than 3 months away. So, we just relaxed all evening and I just didn't think about anything, we just were together.

Congrats on becoming published! And the pictures look great from coming from a phone!

Mom said...

You DO know that Blackberry pie is my favorite...??

Unknown said...

we have a black lab and SHE also has her own pool!! they love to get wet since they ARE retrievers! love your pics..