Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crazy Busy Life

I can’t believe how time has flown by!  We’ve been in Iowa for 41 days now.  We’ve owned our home for one, (we finally closed yesterday!!).   And we’re looking forward to measuring time in years instead of days. :)

I had been working full time in WI, but I got done with my day at 2:30pm.  Now I am working until 4pm with a 1/2hour commute.  So I feel like I have no time in the evenings to be blogging or crafting!  The simple solution would be to get up in the morning.  But I somehow seem to take every single minute of the morning to get ready, whether it is 2 hours or 40 minutes.

So instead I have neglected my two favorite hobbies.  But I am working on new hobbies, including gardening.  Look at this lovely:

peach-rose

While I may not have chosen peach roses if given the option, I certainly can’t complain about rosebushes that grow despite three years of neglect!

We’re off tomorrow for a long 4th of July weekend at my parents’ house in MN.  And I’ll sneak in trips to Ikea, Crate&Barrel, Paper Source and Archiver’s!  Iowa is many things, but a bustling shopping destination it is NOT. 

Saturday will be delegated for nothing but this:

mom's-pool

I love my parents’ house on the 4th of July.  “Musts” include:  sitting in the pool all day, Tracy’s taco dip, the Tessiers, and fireworks at Ojibway Park.  We’ve been doing it the same way for years.  

There will also be visits with my girlfriend since birth, Elisa, my aunt and uncle who live in Africa and my sister’s boyfriend from California.  I’m glad to finally get to meet him!

One last bit before I head up to bed…

Do you know what one of my new assignments is at work?  Developing my pastor’s blog!  So the past few weeks I’ve been researching and thus reading lots of blogs.  And now as we move forward I’m going to get to learn HTML and CSS so that I can completely customize his blog.  I am just tickled pink about this part of my job, (the rest is great too!).  Whoever thought that all of my blogging skills/knowledge would transfer to work?  Some may say it’s a small world.  I like to say, it’s a big world, but there is a great planner.

Okay, goodnight all and hope to be back more frequently!

~ Patti

1 comments:

Tina said...

Love the pool at your parents house. We need a pool here in OK. I can totally understand the need for retail therapy when your town does not have any good shopping. I did the same thing when I was back home this past month. Happy 4th of July!!