Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rolling Along

Last weekend we borrowed this really big roller from a friend.  The plan was for Adam to hook it up to the the lawn mower and drive all over the lawn, hopefully flattening it out a little.  I was going to attack the old, ripped fabric in the flower beds. 

It all started out fine.  Then I started to see a lot of roots.  I decided that I really didn’t know what I was doing and I would like to have living shrubs this year.  So we switched jobs.

me-driving

I think I spent twice as much time on the first half than the last half.  I was trying to go nice and slow, get some real good compaction.   Then hubby trots up and asks if he needs to attach some headlights, since at that rate I’d be going all night.

We didn’t really do the “rolling” thing in the ‘burbs growing up.  In fact I remember the lawn guys coming to turn our lawn into swiss cheese in order to aerate it.  So I guess I didn’t really know what to expect, but I didn’t think that most of the weight of the roller would be from water!

roller

Truth be told, I can’t take credit for the fact that this “adventure” is documented.  While I was busy “rolling,” Adam walks out with the camera and says, “I thought you’d want to blog about it.”

adam

Thoughtful and studly.  I am a lucky girl.  :)

0 comments: