Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spring Color

This year, I waited not-so-patiently for our tulips.  When we saw our house for the first time last year, the hundreds of tulips were in full bloom.

I wasn’t expecting a couple bushed along our driveway to do this:

cherry-blossom-bush

These little purple flowers…

purple-flower

…were all over our front lawn.  They were pretty, but I am pretty sure they are weeds, so the means they’re choking out my grass.  Hmm…

purple-fields

And then the tulips!  Here they are starting to show color…

red-tulip

Yellow dominated this year.  Some were almost two feet tall.

buds

Look at that luscious yellow!

almost

I wish I could show you the vases of tulips that I filled my house with.  I wish  that I could show you two tulip patches in full bloom.  But something awful happened.  I’ll save that tragedy for another post.

0 comments: