Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Home and Off Again

We made it home yesterday, despite the wind trying to blow us into the snow drifts!  It was not a fun ride down from Door County.  Negative air temps, winds gusting around 30 mph.  Just glad that Adam was driving!

We stayed at the Chanticleer B&B in Sturgeon Bay.  Gorgeous!!  All of the rooms have BIG whirlpool tubs and fireplaces. 

IMG_1040

And, since it was Christmas time, our own Christmas tree. :) 

IMG_1041

And the breakfast?  Awesome.  I am really kicking myself for not taking pictures.  I blame extreme relaxation and salivation!  Bananas and cream, fresh muffins, yum.  We spent plenty of time just hanging out listening to Christmas music with the fireplace on.  Really good time to spend with each other after such a crazy fall harvest season.

We did venture out into the cold on Saturday, driving all of the way up to the tip of Door County and did a little shopping too.  On the way back I was reading a map when Adam told me to look at the road.  This is what I saw:

IMG_1032

This was only half of the turkeys!  They didn't care about us one bit.

We're off tomorrow for Minnesota for a few days.  Then on Friday we'll head out to Adam's folks house for the rest of the weekend. 

I wish you all safe travels and a very Merry Christmas!

0 comments: