Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

March GSS

I love cooking/entertaining and crafting.  So when I get to do both, it's a good day.  We're going back to my parents' house in a few weeks and all (most) of my college girlfriends live in the area too.  Since one weekend just doesn't allow for enough visits, I'm inviting them all over to my folks' house for dinner and some Wii.

After playing with Beyond Basic Borders from PTI last week, I decided that I had to use the vine image as a background for my invites.  I stamped four vines, in Sweet Blush, at varying heights on the white cardstock.

invitation7

Here's a close up.  All off the invite details are printed, I don't remember the fonts.  In the bottom corner, I used "you're invited" from Piece of Cake and a flower stem as a bracket from Remember.  Dark Chocolate ink seemed to match pretty well.

invitation2

Then I added a Prima flower and Doodle Bug sugar coated brad to the the tallest vine image, tied on some Spring Moss twill and then matted it all with Spring Moss and Raspberry Fizz cardstock.

And I didn't forget the envelopes either!

invitation6

Now I just need to decide if there is a way to continue the invite's them into the rest of the party w/out being too fancy.  Oh, and decide what to serve for dinner too!!

Off to church on this GLORIOUS sunny, warm morning!!  Might be back later with some other projects I've been working on.  But this weather might distract me! 

2 comments:

IamDerby said...

Very pretty! love the colors you chose.

WD said...

What adorable invites and envelopes! Sounds like a fun time with the college friends, etc. When/if I plan a party I think I will have you create my invitations, etc.!