Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Welcome Autumn Ruthie!

This gift was totally inspired from Dawn McVey's blog posts during  the April PTI release countdown.  A friend at work just had her third baby, Autumn Ruthie.  She came exactly one month early, but  was healthy.  6lbs. 2 oz.

Here's the whole set:

autumn ruthie set

And I must admit that I have never decorated a bag before.  I don't know why, but I will certainly be doing it again.

autumn ruthie bag

I used some PTI Bitty Dot paper, and my new favorite is the Friend's Till the End paper.  Did you notice those Scrabble letters?  That was a gift from a friend of mine.  She had got an old game at a garage sale but it was missing letters.  So one day she handed me a ziploc bag full of Scrabble tiles and said, "I'm sure that you can find something to do with these!" 

autumn ruthie bag closeup

I packaged up one of my onesies for the little girl.  I do feel a little bad that I didn't make a personalized onesie with her name on it, but I just ran out of time. (This one was already in the tin and had the ribbon tied.)

cutie-pie-onesie edited 

cutie-pie-onesie3edited

(Click HERE to see this onesie in my Etsy Shop.  I've got a few more styles there too!)

And I had to get a little something for the new mom.  These are three yummy Dove chocolate bars in flavors like raspberry almond.  I almost bought one for myself too!  I got the idea from Dawn McVey's blog HERE.  I altered it a little since I had more chocolate.

autumn ruthie candy

Mmmm....chocolate.  Yup, need some.  Off to youth group.  Have a great night everyone!   

Supplies

{Autumn Ruthie Gift Set}

All supplies PTI unless otherwise noted  Stamps: Beyond Basic Borders (the brackets), Everyday Classics & Fresh Alphabet  Ink: Dark Chocolate  Paper:  White Cardstock, Patterned Paper:  Bitty Dot Spring Moss & Friends 'Till the End Hibiscus Burst   Other: pti vintage button, Mark Richards pearls, kraft gift bag & twine from Walmart

1 comments:

Tina said...

love the idea of reusing old scrabble tiles in decorations...cute gift idea, she'll love it!