Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Little More Planning

Let's just say that my Friday off was less than productive. I had the whole day and nothing planned. So what did I do? Nothing.

I know that I've written about this before, and my mom will just be nodding her head as she reads this, but it has always been a weakness for me. It's not that I don't have things I want to do, there just isn't a deadline for everything in my life. I thrive on deadlines. And checklists.

At work I have started to schedule all of the tasks for my projects on my calendar. I can't just say, "I'll do that this week." I have to say, "I'll do that from 3:00-4:00 on Wednesday." Now I don't stick to it 100% but at least it is on there and I don't forget that it needs to get done.

So tonight I sat down and created a schedule for my home. A schedule that plans time for crafting, blogging, baking and other projects. Of course it also includes things like cleaning, laundry and dishes. Hopefully having a plan to start with will help me to have more productive days.

This coming week, I'll have even more time, because my stud muffin is leaving me for a week. To go learn more about this golden stuff:

He leaves tomorrow for a week long "Grain Elevator Management Short Course" at Kansas state. Sounds really exciting, huh?

He's packing his swimsuit. I told him not to use it. For one, I don't have a pool to swim in. Secondly, there might be girls. I really don't care how long I've been with Adam, I will probably always think that there is some awful woman out there that will try to steal him. I trust him, just not those crazy vixens! ;) (Okay, I really don't stress that much about it.)

All I hope is that the pup keeps her crazy barking to a minimum. Like the kind of barking that makes you think someone is standing outside of the house trying to kill us. But it was really just a bird. Yeah, that kind of barking will not fly this week.

Hope that you all are having a great weekend!

P.S. I might start blogging about our bathroom remodel a little next week! I've got lots of pictures to sort through and edit, so it will take a while.


0 comments: